Saturday, October 14, 2017

Vanessa's First Catering Event


My First Catering Event

       It's Vanessa! Last Wednesday October 11th wasn't my regular go to the office and do work kind of day. Instead, that day I had my very first catering event! Cassandra picked me up straight from school and we were on our way with a thirty minute drive ahead of us. The event was for two hours in Brampton at a television show set, where Bravo's Imposters was being filmed!

       When we finally reached our destination, it was somewhere both Cassandra and I have never been before. At first glance, the location we were sent to did not look like a place where a television show would be filmed, but more like a carnival. About twenty minutes after we arrived, we were all set up and ready to serve! Some crew members even provided us with a tent to block out the wind because we were serving outside. If it wasn't for that tent, we would have been rained on and frozen, so we really appreciate and are so thankful for it! 

   
    As soon as the espresso machine was heated, and up and running, a huge line of people appeared in front of us with the line up going outside the tent and onto the sidewalk! People were not only ordering a drink for themselves, but had a whole list of drinks for other cast and crew members. It was so busy, I loved it! Every single person in line was so great! They were patient, kind and great conversationists, which made my experience one thousand times better. I loved this event because I got to experience first hand what catering events is all about and learn and practice making all the drinks we serve! Our menu consisted of espresso, americano, cappuccino, latte, mochaccino, macchiato, hot chocolate, and a variety of tea! Mochaccino was the most popular because it is a mix of a cappuccino and chocolate! It is also one of my favourites. 

       After two hours of catering, it was time for us to pack up. Packing all the items away was a lot easier and faster than unpacking them which was good; however, I was sad to leave because I had so much fun, and learned a lot! I cannot wait to serve at more events! Thank you to GEP Imposters Inc. for choosing Espresso Bella to cater your event! We had a fantastic time, and really hope to work with you again. 

       If you're looking for a company to cater espresso and more at your next event, contact us at our website: www.espressobella.ca. Also, be sure to visit all of our social media accounts to see more events that we have done: 
Instagram: @espressobellainc
Twitter: @espressobella
Facebook: @espressobellacateringandevents